pregnancy calendar

Sunday, September 6, 2009

One month later...

I asked Adam last night, "tomorrow after church, could you watch Lucy for an hour so I can update our blog," knowing that it IS a priority and I can't keep my fans waiting much longer... :)
The month of August was a full one.
  • On the 6th, Lucy started crawling. She is now an avid "cruiser" and is working on climbing everything.
  • On the 7th Adam and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary at the Hotel Diamond, including dinner at 33 Steaks, Blues, and Booze, brownie dessert from Room Service and "Benjamin Button" the movie from bed.
  • On the 8th, Adam bought me a car!!! Yes, a car! We trading in the Jeep (may it R.I.P.), taking advantage of the "Cash for Clunkers" program. Social programs like that, although many social programs are abused, were made for people like us--hardworking people who need a little boost in a down economy. Although we loved the Jeep, every other month there was a new $200 issue that needed to be fixed, and the miles it got per gallon of gas was raping our wallets! So we traded it in, got the full $4500 rebate for it (Kelley Blue Book was less than $1500), and purchased a blue 2009 Hyundai Elantra. It's so pretty! And I'm so proud of us. The was also a $2000 Hyundai instant rebate and we sacrificed $500 of it to buy down our interest rate to.... guess!! 0%! 0%!!! We're awesome. Actually, God is awesome, because without the CARS program or the instant rebate there is NO WAY we would have been able to purchase a new car.
  • On the 10th, Lucy said her first "Ma-Ma." Shortly following on the 20th she said her first "Da-Da" and now that's pretty much all she says.
  • On the 14th I threw my sister a Bachelorette Party. We had a really good time.
  • On the 17th my friend from when I was little and lived in Quincy, Robin and I went to IKEA. I successfully spent under $20! Shocking!
  • On the 20th, my mom, dad, Catherine, Joe, Adam, Lucy and I all caravanned to Monterey for Catherine and Joe's wedding. I was a whirlwind visit but so worth it. Lucy got to put her feet in the sand and the ocean for the first time (very momentary). I guess this was technically our first family trip. Other than to Paradise and moving.




The wedding was BEAUTIFUL and so unique.Needless to say, I cried for the majority of the ceremony.
  • Finally, on the 23rd we traveled back home (to Susanville), but only for a short while, for Catherine and Joe's Paradise Reception was to be August 30th at my parents. Again, another party thrown by my mother that "went off with out a hitch." Fabulous party. Can you believe that brings us to September?!

No comments: