pregnancy calendar

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

More changes for the Lefebvres

Yesterday I was finally offered the job I was waiting for at Susanville Real Estate. I'm going to take over the receptionist position with the intent of boosting their marketing. Marketing is my "expertise" and the way I justify "wasting" 4 years getting an art degree (I say wasting only because there's not much else you can do with art, and I'd like to think that I'm NOT wasting it by using it in marketing). Downside is, Lucy will have to go to daycare. This was an incredibly difficult and heart breaking decision. I don't doubt if I face much ridicule from other mothers at the fact that she is my child and I should be the one raising her. Adam and I truly feel that this is the best decision for our family so that we can appropriately provide for Lucy and our future children.

Surprise, I start today although Lucy is with me. My mom is coming to town tomorrow to watch her for a few hours and all day Friday. Monday she'll start in day care granted I can find one that we like and is in our price range.

This whole process has been exhausting. But I'm looking on the bright side and trying to find a positive. Adam will have Lucy on Fridays (if he doesn't have overtime), and we'll prioritize evenings and weekend fun. I wake up early with Lucy so that we'll have mommy-daughter time before she goes to day care. I keep telling myself that everything will be ok and she'll still recognize me as her mommy.

1 comment:

Kait Palmer said...

Congrats on the job! And of COURSE she will still recognize you as her mommy! Nothing ever takes that away!