pregnancy calendar

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Work

This week I start consulting through TutorABC online. I'm actually quite nervous. I've had it pretty easy that last few years with being in the same line of work and feeling equipped for the job. Now, I'm joining the teaching field (never been there), consulting Mandarin speakers (don't know a lick of it), helping them perfect their English comprehension and pronunciation (I'm an Art Major)! I know English. I did quite well in college... but college was a long time ago and I'm worried that I'll be sub-par. Plus I get graded after each session (class) by my students and if they grade me poorly my hourly wage goes down. Scary!

The timing should be interesting as well. Each session is 45 minutes. No problem. But I need to coordinate these sessions around Lucy's naps or when she's occupied and won't need me at all. I tried to get up this morning at 5:00 am to see what it would be like if I chose to start a session at 5:30 am (which is the plan). I rolled over when Adam got up at that time and didn't wake again until 7:00! It's going to be very difficult. My plan is to teach 4-5 classes a day, but I'm thinking realistically it'll be 3 or 4 at the most. Luckily I can work 7 days a week if need be to help with our cash flow.

So, the first class is today at 1:30..... wish me luck!

1 comment:

Kait Palmer said...

Hope it went well! I'm sure you'll be great! Sounds like a great set up that totally works around your schedule! Good luck and keep us posted! My grandma actually used to volunteer doing that (in person), but she's from Texas and thinks Tarnation is a proper noun...and she did great! If SHE can, I'm positive you'll be fine!