pregnancy calendar

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

5 years

Adam and I celebrated our 5-year anniversary this month... technically we celebrated last month, but our anniversary was actually August 7.

On a whim, we decided to go out to dinner to celebrate, about 3 weeks ago. We went to Lake Almanor and ate at Gamboni's Grill. The meals were fabulous! We had such a great time on the drive there, during the meal, and on the drive back. We were made for each other!

The most exciting part about our anniversary was the gifts! Yes, I love what he gave me (Hot Diamonds After Hours Embrace Cuff Bracelet--see photo), and I wear it every day. BUT I was REALLY excited about what I got him.

When we got married, Adam was working odd jobs with construction and we wanted a ring that would hold up to Adam's abuse of his hands. For a wedding band we purchased a $40 titanium band from Overstock.com. That ring held up wonderfully and served it's purpose, but now that he has his career and is "nicer" to his hands, I waned to buy him a "real" wedding band.

I had a design in mind so I went to see Kurt at Leslie's Jewelry here in Susanville and he totally executed it. I used some of my grandma's gold jewelry to melt down into the ring which is kinda special, because it was the same grandmother whose ring we adapted for my wedding set. Adam has a degree in forestry and it has been so wonderful seeing something he's passionate about and being a part of it. I wanted the ring to feature two trees with trunks that met in the middle--two strong, independent beings that meet together and are better as one (us!). The trees are engraved and unique--they are un-uniform like redwood trees, which is fun because we spent the first 4 years of our marriage living in the redwoods! The engraved trees are coated in chromium and the rest of the band is polish yellow gold. It's BEAUTIFUL! When I gave it to him he said "I finally have a REAL wedding band." YES! That was the best thing I could have heard. He made me happy--even without giving me the bracelet of my dreams...

There is so much to the story of this anniversary and many more details! It was very special and I will always remember it.

Here's to 60 more baby!

3 comments:

Robina said...

Uh, you write such an awesome description of such an awesome ring and NOT post a picture of it! Picture puhleeeeease!

Unknown said...

COngrats on 5 years! We celebrate our 5th this year too!

Aunt LeeLee said...

Yes, i want to see a picture of his ring, ttooooo! :) Awesome bracelet! :)