pregnancy calendar

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sigh...

Well, I am up this morning, as early as it is... I was supposed to start consulting today online for my new company, but again there's another glitch and it didn't happen. But rather than going back to bed, I decided to stay up, enjoy the silence and wait to see if the garbage man will take all my cardboard boxes on this glorious recycling day.

Life is not "normal" around here. "Normal" however is a subjective word... Normal for us has really changed in the last 2 months. I look forward to our new normal, but that will require the roof being completed. Adam is such a hard worker-- after 10 hours a day working in the forest, he comes home and works ANOTHER 4 hours on the roof. And then after his 40 hour work week, he works on it all weekend. Needless to say, I don't see him much. BUT I'm honestly not complaining. If he were camping this much, or backpacking, or even being lazy, YES, I would complain. But we have a common goal here and it includes getting a roof on our house before the sky starts falling in what we predict will be about 6 weeks. For those of you in Paradise, it's called snow. REAL snow :) with -15 degree below weather.

With not being able to spend as much time with Adam as we used to (it IS just momentary) Lucy and I have had to find ways to entertain our selves. This weekend we're going to Chico for a Gardner family get-together. We have family coming in from out of state and it'll be fun to get to see everybody. Well, almost everybody. We know a few won't make it (Matt and Kait, Katie, Beth and Dave) and they WILL be missed.

I'm very excited about next weekend's potential (Labor Day weekend). We were planning a family trip to Yosemite, however with the roof occupying Adam's weekends, we decided to postpone. So, that gives me an opportunity to go to Monterey with my mom to help her orchestrate a wedding that weekend. It will be work, but it's going to be SO much fun, because my dad is also going, and my sister is in the wedding. It'll be just the four of us for the first time in over 5 years! Yes, just the FOUR of us. I'm shipping Lucy out. I'm hoping Marian will be able to take her and it's sounding hopeful, but I won't know for sure for another day or so.

I am so excited about the prospect of my OWN schedule. Taking a walk down cannery row BY MY SELF. Granted I'll be at the whim of my mom (which is the point of this trip--she's the boss and I like ti that way) but even if there's 10 minutes down-time where I can just do one thing by myself that doesn't involve "running" to Wal-Mart for TP, or orchestrating a trip out of the house around naps, it'll be the BEST WORKING VACATION EVER.

Well, the recycling truck is almost here and I don't want to be rude. :)

No comments: