pregnancy calendar

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful 1st mother's day! Lucy got me a sweet card and we just spent the day relaxing, packing, and just being a family. Sunday was our last service at Centerpointe Church. We will certainly miss the congregation and friends we've made there, but there was something cathartic about knowing it was out last service. The move is becoming very real (especially considering most of my house is in boxes) and we are extremely excited for the new beginning and being closer to our families.

Last Thursday night we also had our last "Deno Night." Luckily Sean had the night off... but that experience was not so cathartic. It really saddened me. We've lived here 4 years and have finally made good friends and now we're leaving. :( I will miss Kara's cooking and sweet demeanor, and our poignant conversations.

TONIGHT is our last small groups Bible study... I forgot that with new beginnings comes a lot of endings and "lasts." It's all good though (I keep reminding myself)! When God closes one door, he opens another! It has to be done for the new life we are going to build in Susanville.

By the way, do you like our blog's facelift? Fun, huh?

Adam has a final today--last one will be Thursday (another good "last"). Family will be here Friday night through Sunday morning for the Graduation Ceremony. Kim and Jose will be staying with us and considering we don't have a spare bed and there is JUNK all over my house, they probably won't want to stay long. Preparations are in the works for Adam's graduation party on Friday, May 22. Haha... I can't believe I'm planning that far ahead--I have something important going on EVERY DAY until then. But don't ask me what we're having for dinner tonight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My sister said she is going to miss you guys so much too! She said (and I hope you don't mind me sharing) that you are her little piece of me since we are so far away. She is going to miss you and your personality and little baby Lucy so much! God bless you on your new journey! ♥
Heather