pregnancy calendar

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Waiting for February

Adam and I have planned a mini-vaca for the first weekend of February. No, it's not Hawaii. No, it's not Cabo. No, it's not even a different state or somewhere "vacation-y" like the beach. Sacramento. Don't laugh. I AM SO EXCITED. Sacramento is my 2nd honeymoon: for 2 glorious nights in the Rancho Cordova Marriott (courtesy of my Uncle Kenny); a Kings game vs. the San Antonio Spurs; a tour of the Capitol Building; a quiet visit to the newly re-opened Crocker Art Museum, where I am Ashley, Adam's wife--not a household secretary, underpaid maid, on-call taxi driver, puppy pooper-scooper... the list goes on. I am and will forever be honorary title of Mommy, and I will miss Lucy dearly for those 3 days, but I NEED to connect with my husband without things that distract me from just being his wife. Oh, and I do LOVE being his wife. ;)

On another note... speaking about being husband and wife; Adam and I finally share a closet! We moved into this house in February and everything about it (since our remodel) is nearly perfect EXCEPT for the closet space. There are 3 single door closets in the whole house with one cabinet in the bathroom, and one mini-closet for linens. I got the closet in our bedroom and Adam got annexed to the coat closet, which made it really convenient on laundry day, BUT it just felt wrong not sharing a closet. So, I bought these "closet extenders" and now we share a closet! Yay! It's the simple things...

No comments: