pregnancy calendar

Thursday, November 11, 2010

New blog site

Ok, so I've been thinking about starting a new blog.

I'm no expert on any one thing. But I like my life. I love it. And I have joy. I wonder if I have joy that other wives or mothers are looking for...? So not being an expert and wanting to share joy, I've been thinking about starting a blog about all the things I am NOT an expert on. Cleaning, sewing, parenting, being a working mom, shopping, finding screaming deals to save money, cooking, being a loving wife, being a caring friend... There is so much I have not perfected, I'm just busting at the seams to share my trials and errors! Does any of this make sense? Why would I want to share how NOT good I am at something? Well, for one, to share with you how much of an expert I AM would be arrogant. I would rather share how often I fail and what joy it brings me!

The verse that has urged me to share these delightful failures is Titus 2:4-5:
...[Urge other] women to love their husbands and children, 
to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind...
so that no one will malign the word of God.

So, the point of this post is to tell you "I'm thinking about starting a new blog." Now you know why. The next question is: What will the name be? I'd like something catchy but not kitschy, and relevant. I'd like your help! I got this idea from Adam's cousin's wife (so basically MY cousin) Kait who has several blogs, one of which I "helped" name (The Ruffled Owl). She had a lovely apron to give as a gift for this help, but I'm not nearly as crafty, so my prize will be a set of microfiber towels from The Pampered Chef, which happen to be my FAVORITE  cleaning tool and may very well be the subject of my first post on my new blog (which has yet to be named).

Please help! I'm looking forward to getting started and the sooner the better. Please submit your suggestions via comment or email by next Friday, November 19th at 12:00pm, noon, PST.

3 comments:

Kait Palmer said...

I think it would be great! I read a lot of those "wifey" kind of blogs and get a little sick of the "Easy bone broth" or "how to clean your whole house in an hour" posts. I usually think, "Don't these women have LIVES other than finding the perfect stainless steel polisher?"

There's a blog kinda similar: http://www.notmartha.org/


But I don't think it has a Christian perspective, so that would be something fresh and new, and I would definitely read it!

As far as names go...I'm playing around with a few and will get back to you...

Kait Palmer said...

Misadventures of a Mad Housewife
Mishaps and Mayhem
Joyful Mishaps
This Holy Mess
Plight of the Wife
Blessings and Banes
Blundering Blessings

that's all I got for now...is it the right direction you're wanting to go in?

Burns Photography Studio said...

Oh I love the Not Martha idea..too bad it's already taken!

Well I was thinking about that quote from Einstein that says "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." And thinking maybe you could do some sort of play on that, like, Climbing Fish. And the tagline could be something like, "We can't all be experts at everything but we can all be an expert at something".

I don't know...just a thought...the fish could also tie in the Christian aspect somehow too??