pregnancy calendar

Friday, January 14, 2011

A Heart of Order

This morning I woke up after 3 lovely days off (we had Dr. appointments in Chico so we went to visit family and stayed an extra day for sanity), to my alarm reminding me that I had to go back to the real world. I rose to find my glasses, flattened my fuzz of a hairball head, got the fire going, and walked through the kitchen to my office. Dishes were undone, stuff was cluttered on the kitchen table, paperwork strewn across my desk. A minute version of chaos--but one that I felt could wait until later, I had to teach.

As I was waiting for my second student to show up, I updated myself on everyone else's blog (i.e. Kait built forts as a kid, Lynae had creative song writing skills that I never new about, and most people are still reeling for the death of Carrisa). One blog I read occasionally is called Passionate Homemaking. I occasionally read this blog because while I love being a stay at home mom, baking bread and finding green alternatives for make-it-yourself beauty products is not something I want to waste spend my time doing. But the photo on my blog dashboard caught my eye and caused me to read the post titled Understanding the Heart of Order.

How I miss Eden. I've obviously never been there, but how my heart longs for the joy of the life we have been given on Earth AND the joy of having an intimate relationship with God.

I've always had an admiration for people who are "Longing for Heaven" but have never felt it myself. I don't long to leave Earth. While I am at peace with the fact that life does come to an end and there is something much greater afterward, I have not longed to leave. Maybe because I am in good health, my child is healthy, and my relationships are healthy. Health... hmmmmm.

I do have physical health. My my heart is very ill. I am a killer, a hater, a judge, a glutton, a spiteful person. I definitely need healing from these malicious cancers.

But I do not need to wait for healing! I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that my cancer can be cured! Trust me, it keeps coming back, but the blood of Jesus Christ makes it go away like it was never there.
Eden. Orderly. Serene. It's such a bummer that we screwed that up. I love this world (not everything in it) but what God has created in it and what he has given me in it!

I wanted to insert an anecdotal little comic about Eden, but they were all stupid, so this is what you get.


Anywho.. this is supposed to be about the heart of order just as God created the Earth with order. It has give me a new charge to be a little more orderly. Ok, a lot more orderly, but baby steps, right?

1 comment:

Kait Palmer said...

This makes me think of a part of one of John Elderidge's books. I think it might be Sacred Romance, where he talks about how God will create a NEW earth. His interpretation is that its this same earth made new. We get to keep places like Yosemite and the Grand Canyon. Might be totally off topic, but saying you liked this earth made me think of that. :-)