pregnancy calendar

Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011

It's a new month, a new year, a new decade, a new week, and just 3 hours away from a new day.

This is perfect timing for a new post following my last one, which was dismal, hopeless, disappointed, sad.

This is perfect timing because I just read a friends blog which contained such good news! As I mentioned in the last post I mentioned the death of a dear friend, Carrisa, who left behind her grieving friends, a family in pain, and an 18 month old daughter. Carrisa was in many ways the glue that held Adam and I close to our Paradise friends--sending us birthday packages, making sure to invite us to parties. Carrisa's death upset me in many ways, but in the celebration of her passing and meeting her Jesus, self-pity set in when I realized I wasn't a very good friend in return. This is the ONLY photo I have of me with Carrisa, and of course it's the whole group of us and this was taken over 6 or 7 years ago.
To quote my friend Lynae (probably the one taking the photo above) "The weight of life that makes us forget to be friends. But then death reminds us to be friends again." It sucks that Carrisa's death has made me realize, I haven't taken the time to be in more photos--which represent memories--sharing priceless moment with friends and people I love.

But we're obviously not to the good news yet! First bit of good news is, I'm vowing to be a better friend, to share more memories. AND I'm choosing to be happy!

Second bit of happy news is about Norah! So many exclamation points because I'm so so happy! Read here. What a joyful answer to prayer!

2 days in and 2011 is beginning to look a lot less bleak. In our darkest moments God DOES answer prayer, but we have to remember that it may not be the answer we are looking for and it most definitely won't be in the timing we are expecting. AND we have to be willing to listen.

No comments: