pregnancy calendar

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Twenty-six

I've really had the urge to blog lately. Our life is so steady and solid and it's made me appreciate simpler things around me rather than stressing.

Lucy is growing exponentially! She's realized that when she does something funny we laugh, which makes her do it over and over, which in itself is funny so we keep laughing. Her hair is getting long, but not long enough to do anything with. She's in a size 4 diaper now and is walking so good. When we go to Wal-Mart we let her "run" and once she gets going she stumbles. A few weeks ago she was teething with 3 molars coming in and she was a completely different baby--fussy, whiny, obnoxious. Now that they've poked through, she's my Lucy again--making jokes, singing and dancing, hitting the dog and laughing hysterically.

Tomorrow Adam turns 28. I'm so excited! He's going to pick up a prime piece of meat from Idaho Market to BBQ and I'm going to sauté mushrooms and asparagus and bake crescent rolls. And the highlight of my day will be making a lemon meringue pie from scratch. I made him the same recipe last year and it was SO good. The meringue took some practice but it was worth it and I have a better "plan of attack" this year. Our friend Matt will be joining us as well as his out-of-town girlfriend Donna.

Next Tuesday, I turn 26. I feel so old. And I'm not just saying this to make the people who are older than me even older than they are. 26 is "late" 20's to me. It's the "over the hill" of 20's. I'm not depressed that I thought I'd have more accomplished by this age, or that I'd be in a "different place," but rather that I didn't treat my early 20's the way they should have been treated. I should have played more, I should have laughed more, I shouldn't have been so serious, I should have... But rather than wallow in my own self-pity, I'm going to make 26 my best year! Here are a few things I have planned:
  1. DRESS like I'm 26--I'm young and I only have a few more years to dress that way before I start looking silly.
  2. Lose 30 lbs (I'm 1/5 of the way there)--After getting married I let myself go and other than wanting to LOOK good, I want to feel better. I've felt like the last few years that my body was older than I was--my knees pop, my back aches. I've lot all my baby weight and then some and now is the time to loose my "newlywed weight."
  3. Have another baby. Yes, that is the goal. NOT today, but this year sometime. MY "ready" point is losing the 30 lbs. If I can lose them, then that's my indicator that I'm ready. My body will be healthier and more equipped for baby-making and the ultimate goal is a VBAC. Too much information? Sorry.
  4. Love more! There's no explanation needed--we could all give and receive more love in our life.
Twenty-six will be a good year for me.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm with you on losing the newlywed weight! Was your c-section medically necessary? I wish I could have a VBAC but I was told that my pelvis isn't large enough to have a baby that way...TMI? Sorry...it was my turn. LOL