pregnancy calendar

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patty's Day

Today is Saint Patrick's Day. This day always reminds me of my late Grandma Elizabeth. I don't even think she was Irish, but she always had "Kiss me, I'm Irish" stickers.

We had our corned beef brisket last week, so tonight we're having Stroganoff.

Lucy's been EXCEPTIONALLY fussy for about 2-3 weeks. It wasn't until after a high fever (103) this past weekend that I decided to take her to the doctor. I assumed that if she didn't have other symptoms (runny nose, fever, cough) there wasn't anything wrong. Then with the fever I assumed she had an ear infection. Then waiting at the doctor's office, she broke out in a rash that started behind her ears and made it's way down to her diaper line. Yeah, so when the doctor saw her, she had no fever, clear ears, and essentially nothing wrong. THEN tomorrow, she was throwing a mini tantrum and I could see in her mouth. SHE'S GETTING 3 MOLARS! I didn't think she'd get molars this young. But they are sharp and no wonder she's been so fussy. Adam's getting in a wisdom tooth and it makes him grumpy too :)

I'm having a Pampered Chef party this weekend. The theme is Senoritas and Margaritas! It'll be our first gathering in our house since the Superbowl (which is the weekend we moved in). I'm very excited. Melinda (my friend and co-worker) picked up some margarita glasses from the dollar store to serve in and then let the guests take home. The dish we'll be making is a Chipotle Chili Cornbread. Yummy. It should be a lot of fun!

Adam (and his friend Matt) just took me out to lunch at Primo. Good food.

Tomorrow night my mom and Aunt Lori are visiting to paint my house--the inside that is. Jared our painter should be painting the outside tomorrow. Finally it's above 40 degrees here. Yesterday got up to 66, and so far today it's 52.

Well, I hope you're wearing green so the leprechauns don't pinch you! Have a safe and happy St. Patty's Day!

No comments: