pregnancy calendar

Saturday, June 13, 2009

CRAZY MOVE!!!

Just for the record: I hate moving. I love new houses, but I HATE moving.
We were so blessed though to have so much help.
Devin taking apart Lucy's cribLucy and LindaLiving Room Chaos
I was so naive to think we didn't NEED the help, but on the day of the move, people just showed up (or show it seemed) and it's a good thing, too! Adam graduated on the 16th, our guests left on the 17th, I had to work a full day on the 18th and planned to work and full day on the 19th, Adam picked up the moving truck on the 19th, and I thought between him, my mom and I, we'd be all done and moving out by the 20th. HA! Thank goodness I decided I had too much to do at home with the move.

I stopped in at work to say good bye (for about the 100th time) on Tuesday morning, and got home around 11am. From 11am to 11pm, Linda, Mom and I worked our little hineys off packing and cleaning. Then, Wednesday morning, we cleaned for another 4 hours before FINALLY hitting the road. It was rather ridiculous. I keep a clean house, but apparently the apartment was REALLY dirty.

Adam and Chris Mitchell (Adam's good friend from junior high that just happens to go to HSU) got the entire truck packed in one day--NO, LESS than one day (they picked up the truck in the morning and left by 2 pm!). Here are some of the precious things I did not get pictures of:
  1. The 17' Truck PACKED with our stuff.
  2. The Jeep PACKED with our stuff (minus the driver seat).
  3. The Echo PACKED with our stuff (minus room for Lucy, Mom and me).
  4. The hellish-road trip across state to Susanville for all 3 vehicles.
  5. Dustin, Adam, and Chris trying to get our over-sized furniture into our new little 2-bedroom apartment.
  6. Dustin, Adam, and Chris lifting the couch to the 2nd story to put it through the window.
  7. Dustin, Adam, and Chris (plus the maintenance guy Jason) breaking the window while putting a couch through it!
Mom and I didn't get to the apartment until the 21st (Thursday) and when we got there, I had a total melt down. I thought the apartment we just moved out of was dirty... this apartment was FILTHY. Oh man... I flipped out. I had just spent 12 hours plus cleaning the apartment in Eureka until it SHINED and I walked in to this place and there was food on the walls, scum in the toilet, burnt food on the stove, and the list goes on!

Long story short, I complained and told them that they have to clean it. The complied (or at least said they will), but I have yet to see them come to the apartment to clean. I'm sure it will happen. If it doesn't, I'm going to make some more waves and I'm sure it'll all get done, just so they can get me to shut up. :)

But any-who... We're moved and LOVE Susanville. It is so beautiful and is just a hop-skip-and a jump to Paradise!

Adam loves his job and is already after a promotion (potentially coming available in November).
I am now a Realtor at Susanville Real Estate and am getting my feet wet in the biz. Love it and will hopefully make some money soon. :)

No comments: