pregnancy calendar

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

October Update

I've been very out of the habit of posting photos and updates on our lives so I'm going to make more of an effort and especially when the new baby gets here.

Which is a great intro into our October Update blog post. I'm 21 weeks now and feeling OH-SO-better. It's amazing what a couple of weeks can do. I just can't believe I have 18 more weeks to go! Seems like forever. BUT I have the holidays to sustain me... Halloween's in a week, Thanksgiving's in a month (it'll be at our house this year, yay!), and we start to decorate for Christmas December 1 (my best friend from grade school's birthday!). After Christmas is Lucy's 3rd birthday, her party will be in the beginning of January and "Princess Pirate" themed (at her request). Then I have a little down time in January and February to nest and settle and spend our last few weeks as a family of three.

I've been meaning to schedule a photo session for just the three of us. We have NEVER had a family photo taken. I know, I'm so bad. Well, I really want one before baby #2 gets here! So hopefully I can get that together in the next week or so.

We've had a lot of fun this month. In the beginning of the month we went to Chico to meet the Bryson's new baby Emilee. So sweet and tiny! She's perfect! We also celebrated Gramma Marian's birthday at the Chinese Buffet which made this pregnant momma VERY happy. I got to go on a women's retreat the next weekend with my friend Janessa and it was a nice time away to reflect on my relationship with Christ and just relax with no whiny kids, no house cleaning, no bills, no cerfew! Last weekend we went to the Pumpkin Patch with our friends from Oroville, Logan and Robin Wilson, and their two precious sons, Cason and Hunter. The kids had so much fun playing and searching for pumpkins and it's always nice to connect with my friend Robin (of over 20 years!).

Amid all the playing we had a couple doctors appointments... one very important Dr. appointment was our ultrasound to find out the gender of our little growing baby. Adam and I had decided from day one that we would be happy with whatever sex the baby ended up being, leaning back and forth between our preference; a girl would be "easy" because we already know what we're doing and we have a ton of girl stuff left over, plus they'd be sharing a room; a boy would be fun because it would be new and exciting and then we'd have one of each. As the weeks went on, Adam was more convinced it was a girl, and I was more convinced it was a boy. I even referred to it as "him." Well, the ultrasound revealed that "he" was a "she." Yes, we are having another girl and are overjoyed! We will name her Lydia Jane.

October is coming to an end and hopefully I'll get some photos up soon of the Pumpkin Patch and a precious photo of our Lydia's profile. Stay tuned!

No comments: