pregnancy calendar

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween 2010

We had many events this weekend for Halloween. Friday was "Safe and Sane" where all of the Uptown shops hand out candy. We went with our friends Janessa, Kayla (the mermaid), and Micah (Mr. Monkey).  Luckily they close off the streets, because the amount of people there was ridiculous. We moved up and down Main like a herd of cattle and just as slow. It was fun to show off Lucy however and she got some good treats.




After Safe and Sane we drove over to Almanor to see my dad who was staying in a cabin there on his annual fly-fishing trip with my uncle and several other guys (Adam was there, too, that night). Lucy was so excited to see Papa. She kept asking if she would also see Dash and Riley (my parent's dogs).

Saturday night was the Harvest Party with The Church in Susanville (a church that we do not go to, but have a lot of friends there). When I got Lucy dressed for the party, she asked "Papa?" I had to explain to her that no, we wouldn't be seeing Papa tonight. She asked "And Dash?" She's so silly. Lucy got to go "fishing" for treats, and play "kick the gourd." Flo (pastor's wife) made fresh baked bread which made me want to take up baking bread... however, I don't know how, and I don't have a loaf pan. SO, I'll have to do one or the other here pretty quick. Here's Lucy sitting with her buddy McKenzie who lives down the street from us.

Tonight we went trick-or-treating at 4pm. We caught everyone off guard--no one was ready with their candy out yet. We knew it was early, but more than anything, we just wanted to show off Lucy and add to our candy supply. By the time we went out, it was the third time she'd worn her costume (which I amateurishly made), and it was looking kinda shabby. I neglected to take pictures, but I figured we had enough. Oh, and when I put her costume on her she said, "Papa?"

No comments: